What is IELTS?
IELTS or International English Language Testing System is a standardized English-language test for lawful immigrants moving to English nations. The test identifies your English language capabilities as per the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB).
IELTS is generally one of the recognized education tests that helps measure the English language proficiency of the applicants. It uses a nine-band scale that identifies the level of hold over the language. IELTS test is of two types – Academics IELTS and General Training IELTS.
There are 4 different modules or sections which test the English language proficiency. They are:
Our Services to your IELTS Exams needs:
• Guidance on examination preparation for maximum score needed;
• Weekend & after Working Hours training;
• Individual attention;
• All latest Material provided;
• One to One & Group Course delivery;
• Online training availability.
What is the minimum IELTS band score required for Canada permanent residency?
Canada is now emerging as an ideal choice for immigrants, given the high quality of life offered there. While it is essential to have an IELTS for Canada PR application, the minimum score is different for every program.
Here’s the minimum requirement for each CLB Level:
What is the IELTS Exams Fee?
Authorized organizations hold the tests on predetermined dates, and a candidate can pay the nominal fee of approximately MUR9,000 to give the IELTS exam.
How long does it take to get IELTS results?
You will receive a paper copy of your IELTS test score, the Test Report Form (TRF), via mail delivery 13 days after the test date for a paper-based test and 3 to 5 days after an online test.
Other Important FAQs
How long is IELTS valid in Canada?
Your IELTS score will be valid for 2 years for immigrating to Canada.
What is a good IELTS score for Canada PR?
You need to score a minimum of 6 in your IELTS to qualify for any immigration programs to Canada. That is equivalent to CLB(Canadian Language Benchmark) Band 7.
What is the Express Entry System?
The Express Entry System is a faster way for skilled immigrants to gain permanent residence in Canada.
In this system, there are 3 different pathways:
• Federal Skilled Worker Program
• Federal Skilled Trades Program
• Canadian Experience Class
To apply for permanent residency through Express Entry, you need to have a minimum language proficiency of CLB 7, a minimum of 6.0 for each section of the IELTS.
How do you get permanent residency in Canada?
There are 5 ways:
1. Express Entry: Express entry is one of the canadian immigration programs that enables immigrants who can fill in jobs when there is a lack of skilled workers in Canada.
2. Business Immigration: The Business Immigration Program is the right path for people who have experience in owning, managing, and running a business.
3. Family Class Immigration: Family Class Immigration is a Canadian immigration program that helps to reunite families in the country.
4. Provincial Nominee Program: The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a specific program for skilled workers who can contribute to the economy of a Canadian territory or province. It’s a direct immigration to Canada program without any hassle.
5. Canadian Experience Class: Canadian Experience Class or CEC helps temporary foreign workers and students to apply for permanent residency based on experience or education.
What are the eligibility requirements for a permanent residents visa of Canada?
For getting permanent residency in Canada, the eligibility requirements are:
1. Age: When it comes to permanent residence in Canada, there is no specific age limit for the candidates. For business or investor visas, the applicant can even be over the age of 65, whereas in the case of family class immigration, the applicant can be younger than 18.
2. Education: To become eligible for Canada PR, they must have an educational level (bachelor’s degree) that is equal to Canadian Secondary School qualification.
3. Work experience: For most Permanent Residence programs in Canada, the candidate must have a work experience of 1 year.
4. Language ability: IELTS for Canada PR visa is one of the major eligibility criteria. The test demonstrates the English language abilities of the candidate with respect to Canadian Language Benchmark.
5. Adaptability requirements: The applicant is also given points for their ability to adapt to the country. If the candidate has work experience in Canada, they get 10 points, but if they have done studies of 2 years there, they can get 5 points.
What are the key benefits of getting permanent residency in Canada?
By becoming a permanent resident of Canada, you can enjoy these benefits:
• Live and work in Canada: After getting a permanent resident card in Canada, you have the legal right to work and live anywhere in the country.
• Become a citizen: Getting a PR status is the first step to get citizenship in Canada. After you have lived for three out of 5 years in Canada, you become eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.
• Sponsor your family: After getting permanent residency in Canada, you can also apply for sponsorship for your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent child to join you.
• Universal healthcare: Canada offers access to universal healthcare and social services to every citizen having a permanent resident visa.
Can you stay in Canada after applying for permanent residency?
Yes, you can. Any person who has applied for permanent residency in Canada, with the help of an immigration consultant can stay in the country, provided they maintain their legal status.
Are you planning to immigrate to Canada?
Then, take your IELTS now. ADLEX CHAMBERS is dedicated to help you in every step of your IELTS Exams preparation and your immigration process.
Our Training Team
We have years of experience in IELTS Training.
Me. Steeven SAUHOBOALawyer, Legal & Immigration Consultant
ADLEX CHAMBERS – Mauritius / UK